Thursday, October 22, 2009

Congratulations - we want your money!

Getting mail is one of the best treats this world has to offer. I love to open up that mailbox, stifle through the junk and the poo and pull out a beautiful, handwritten letter addressed to "Miss Madeline Marie Powell."
Getting mail is also one of the worst things this world has to offer. Especially if that mail comes in the form of bills, due slips or anything really having to do with the need of money. Such as college recruitment mail.
It's funny how EVERYONE suddenly wants to send you mail when they discover you're a senior. And by everyone, I mean every college. And funny how they always leave out of their papers the cost of everything. "Come to our school! You'll love it! We'll help you become rich and famous...and we'll steal 50% of that money along the way!" Sounds great, doesn't it. Funny how EVERY school seems to think that I'll be the greatest addition yet, and that I'm "one of a kind" student...including some little place in the middleofnowhere, Ohio. Sounds like a great city. Funny how all these schools seem to want me, yet not of them want to tell me how in the heck I'm going to get there, pay for anything or even survive through the first week. They just say "Come here, give us your money, and you can figure out the rest later!"
Good think I've already figured out the rest. Sorry Valley Christian University, but I've got my sights set elsewhere.
Just got a letter from ASU in the mail today. Opening line..."Congratulations, you're a senior!" No duh ASU. And no - I won't apply for your school. Deal with it.

No comments: